What is the LABC Partner Authority Scheme?
The Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Partner Authority Scheme is designed to help those who carry out design and construction work in different locations and, therefore, deal with numerous councils. The scheme enables a company or individual to establish a working relationship with one council of their choice, rather than having to deal with a different council each time.
How does it work?
As a registered partner with South Worcestershire Building Control, you can discuss and submit all of your applications for building regulations approval to us here in South Worcestershire no matter where in England or Wales the site may be.
We then liaise with yourselves, the relevant local council and, where appropriate, the local fire and rescue service during the approval period, to fully assess your proposals and resolve any queries which may arise.
At the end of this process, we compile recommendations for building regulation approval, listing conditions as appropriate for the relevant local council to issue formally.
When the work begins on site, the local council in the area manages the construction phase, providing on-site advice and inspection to suit the needs of the site team.
What are the advantages?
- One professional to contact for all your building control work in England and Wales who manage your account in a way that best suits your individual needs
- A local team always available for advice and guidance, offering pre-application advice and close support during the design and approval stages
- Greater consistency in interpretation of the building regulations - your design proposals will always be assessed by the same building control team
- Access to building control surveyors based near the project to ensure fast response times as well as local contacts and knowledge
- Strong and historical links with the fire and rescue service and with other parts of the local council
- Electronic submissions and exchanges of correspondence
- Access to LABC products through LABC Consult*, including building warranties, Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) assessments, sound and air testing, fire engineering
- Access to LABC training events*
- Improved carbon footprints from using locally based professionals (particularly relevant where this is measurable for sustainability assessments
How to become registered
Alternatively you can contact them via email email@example.com or call them on 0207 091 6860